Monday, May 19, 2008

Grass, shrub, rocky hill. Grass, shrub, rocky hill.

It's beginning to feel like a Hanna-Barbera cartoon all up in here. I guess I should get used to it before I hit North Dakota.

Today was pretty easy and uneventful. I am kinda worn out from pushing hard for the last couple of days, so today I took it easy. I found another city park to camp in for free. I guess I should go out and patronize a restaurant in town, to say thanks. I really like sleeping on lush, grassy lawns every night, but I can't help thinking about how much water that takes to maintain. And how much of it ends up on the pavement... Yikes.

Cows and horses that completely ignore cars stop eating to stare when I ride by. I wonder what they make of this strange sight. One cow today didn't notice me until the last minute, and got all spooked and jumped back a few steps before realizing everything was okay. I got the distinct feeling that the cow standing next to it was amused by that.

Fun, I was just joined by a couple of Brits who live in Canada and are riding their motorcycles to California. They're planning to camp here as well. It sounds like they may have done this before.

1 comment:

BettyR said...

Just don't fall for that looks-like-a-tunnel-opening-
but-really-its-just-painted-
on-the-side-of-the-mountain business. I hear that's a nasty surprise.