Monday, May 5, 2008

A beautiful day to begin riding

After spending a relaxing weekend with Mom, Jeremy, Steven, and Steven's awesome family (you guys are the best!), I finally began the actual bike riding. Jeremy and Steven kindly saw me through a pre-trip freak-out then drove me across the river from Longview to Oregon, so I could ride in their fabulous bike lanes. My sweet sweet bike rides so smoothly fully loaded, and I was having such a good ride in the perfect weather that I got a little over-ambitious and got too close to Portland, passing by any opportunities to camp. I ended up in a hotel at the edge of Portland, paying more than I want to for a smoking room that is only a little stinky. But it's okay, I took a long bath, and can ease myself slowly into this whole roughing it and living cheaply thing. Well, I'm off to bed early, so I can get up in time to fully abuse the free breakfast. More to come...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you on your way!

jickehnrackee said...

are you going to see giant dinosaur fish? i hear they are near.
pedal it and be safe.

NewsCat said...

Wow, you really started the journay. Please update all the time or I'm going to be all Jewish mother on you and just assume you are lying in a ditch somewhere.

BettyR said...

I hope you stuffed your panniers (sp) with all the single serving cereal, and oversized muffins you could carry.