Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Addendum

I just wanted to add a few blog-specific notes. I am unable to respond to your comments with this phone. I think it's a browser issue. Please know that I read all of them, and really enjoy them. And Chuck, I will be calling for bail money in about five days.

Also, for those of you who are new to the blog scene, you can set this up as an RSS feed, and you will get an email each time I post, so if you are on the edge of your seat, waiting for the next update, you need only check your email. If someone has better instructions to add to the comments, that would be super, since I am also somewhat new to the scene, and of course, can't quite get that to work on my phone...

And finally, there is apparently a map now added to this blog courtesy of Jackie which will track my progress. I can't see that either, but Anna said it was there...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I'm no RSS expert, but I don't think it will send you an email. What you can do is subscribe through an RSS reader which are sometimes standalone applications (lots of freeware there), some browsers (like Safari), or some web sites (like Yahoo! where, if you have a Yahoo start page you can Add content to add an RSS page where you can subscribe to Cheri's feed.

The glory of RSS is that you can subscribe to a bunch of different feeds and "aggregate"them on a single page for your viewing pleasure. So, when our favorite Bitch on Wheels posts something on her page, our RSS reader/aggregator is immediately updated with her post. That way we have a central place to keep track of various sites (blogs, whatever) rather than having to click through separate links looking for new content or wading through half a dozen emails saying the content on a page has been updated.

Gosh, I wonder if that helped or if I just confused a bunch of people I don't even know. . . .

But, RSS is cool and, with a little patience, people can figure out how to make it work, and then they, like me, will be able to keep an eye on Cheri as she makes her way from here to wherever.

Anonymous said...

He likes cheap whiskey. Mr. Pensive, that is...

Glad ur finally camping! :-)

NewsCat said...

The map is cool! I'm sorry you can't see it. I've never figured out the advantage of RSS feeds myself. I just rather go to the websites, but to each their own.

I love playing the game "how is that commentor connected to Cheri?"

Anyway I put a link to your blog on my blog so you might get the random passerby reading you now.

Minnesotajo said...

Hey, Cheri! This is your cousin in Chicago. I am so happy that you've started your trip and are well on your way. I identified with your pre-trip freak out because that's what happened to me when I went overseas. I thought, "oh my god! What have I done??!!" But, as you know, it passes and the trip becomes enjoyable.

I've been reading your blog the past few days but it's taken me this long to figure out the requisite account thing and blog stuff. I'm new to all of this.

Keep up the journaling. I'm on the edge of my seat to find what happens next! It's great to keep up with your progress and it will be fun for you to read months and years done the road.

I look forward to seeing you once you make it this way. Take care and ride safe!