Friday, May 16, 2008

Every day is Saturday...

..when you belong to the Saturday club.

I woke up this morning with no motivation, feeling fatigued. I'd better take a day off. And what better place to do it? It's beautiful here, there is water, and I'm sufficiently stocked up on food. I'm guessing food is one reason I'm so fatigued today: I lose my appetite when it's hot. Yesterday I managed to demolish a half gallon of Power-ade, but I didn't eat a whole lot of solid food. Today I'm resting, eating, and bird-watching. Or more accurately, bird-listening. There's one bird, tiny and black, that makes a noise that sounds almost like a quick splash of water. It seems to do this only when it puffs up its feathers. The rest of the time it makes a normal chip-chip kind of noise. Anyone know what that one is?

I chatted some more with the Seattlites, who took me for a boat ride and invited me over for a salmon dinner. Yum yum! Maybe they will know what that bird is...

2 comments:

jickehnrackee said...

what about a brewers blackbird?
Song a harsh whirring gurgling "schl-r-r-up." Call a sharp "tschup." that's all ive got.

MOM said...

I haven't a clue.
Talk to you sometime today or tonight.
Love Mom