Monday, August 4, 2008

The weather outside is frightful...

Monday, 4 August: It was dark and stormy for pretty much the whole day. I opted to stay indoors and research the free things I could do in the city. It felt like a pretty productive day.

In the evening, my cousin and I got caught in a thunderstorm, shortly after a tornado alarm had sounded. We were only outside for about a block and a half, but were completely soaked after half a block. There is some insane electrical activity happening tonight, and it is close.

I can't stop grooving on Rodrigo y Gabriela. They are seriously sick guitar playing machines.

4 comments:

Minnesotajo said...

Anyone privileged enough to have Cheri stay with you is a lucky person! I came home from work last night to dinner on the table! Thanks, Cheri!

claybasket said...

You two are having entirely too much fun. I hope it continues for you. Your cousin deserves to be spoiled abit so mange takk Sukkertøy. I'll take over in October.
Ethiopian food huh? I made a new recipe the other day called Ethiopian Honey Yeast Buns. They have lots of honey, cinnamon, cloves and coriander in them and went best with just cold butter on them. Yum. But Finnish buns are still the favorite. Keep safe and have fun.
Aunt Claybasket

MOM said...

Nice Cheri. What did you make? I agree Andi. Apparently a lot of other people agree too. They just seem to take to her right away....I mean, getting invites from people she has only known for a short time or people she hasn't even met yet.
Boy you sure are getting some taste of different weather aren't you. It is kind of funny, I was just reading about the rain storm you were talking about and in the process of typing this when all of a sudden we heard heavy rain here that would have soaked us quickly as well. Bob opened the blind and it was just pouring.

Cheri said...

Pouring rain? In Seattle?! I thought in only sprinkled or drizzled there...

I heated up some lasagna that MinnesotaJo had prepared and frozen, and made some fruit salad with fruit and yogurt. Yum.

It seems pretty common for travellers to get invites. People want to hear your stories.