Thursday, August 28, 2008

Oops...

Thursday, 28 August: I spent the day doing next to nothing. It was nice. It wasn't as rainy as I was worried it would be, but the wind was pretty gusty at times, so I'm glad I was napping, reading, and eating.

Saturday club has it's downsides-- I just realized that we're coming up on Labor Day weekend and I'm headed for Niagara Falls. I'm thinking I pretty much have no shot at getting a campsite anywhere within forty miles. Or anywhere, really. If any of my readers know of anyone in the Buffalo/Niagara Falls area who can spare a few square feet of lawn, shoot me a note. Now that I think of it, one probably needs reservations in the area even if it is not a holiday weekend. But planning ahead has never been my strong suit. I considered calling a few campgrounds today to check on availability, but decided that they would just laugh in my ear, and I would be better off just showing up and playing dumb. Then perhaps I can get the pity squeeze-in, especially if there are thunderstorms, as predicted.

Stayed tuned to find out how this ill-planned trip to a major tourist attraction plays out.

6 comments:

MOM said...

On the edge of our seats. It will be fun to see what adventure is in store for you. Your only problem will probably be having to turn down five of the six invites. lol
I really like that you decided to take a picture of each state sign and your bike. Bob says, maybe Cheri can slip in a picture of one of your good camping sites (or lawn sites) with your tent all set up an all.

Cheri said...

There is that picture from when it snowed on my tent...

OffGridSoul in the North Fork said...

I do feel a bit guilty when I look at the snowy tent picture. But we embraced your sense of adventure and wanted to encourage you to stay motivated. Who could have known the next week or so would be one of the wettest springs our area has seen in some time.
Glad to read you are doing well - Bill

Cheri said...

You guys warned me! And if that hadn't happened, I wouldn't be as confident about my gear and clothing layers. It is good to know that if I wear pretty much everything I brought, that I am warm at 32F.

Anonymous said...

Hey Cheri,

You bumped into our little band of two wheeled affectionados in Hingham Mt, over beer and dollar burgers. Max still rues the day that he was out eaten on the highline highway. Anywho, if your still heading south to Alambama make sure to look up my brother and his presently expanding family

Ride Safe,

Chris O

Christopheraobrien@hotmail.com

Cheri said...

Hey Chris!

I will look him up. I'm not sure when it will be, but I'll give him fair warning...

And I'm totally gonna hunt down Max and out-eat him again, this time in his own hood.