Thursday, August 14, 2008

There are so many different ways roadkill can stink...

Thursday, 14 August: If you are ever in northern Indiana and need some plants, pop on by Myers Landscape Nursery on Hwy 6 just west of the junction with 13. They're such nice people, I'm assuming their plants are nice also.

I got on the road early this morning because the weather prediction was for rain in the morning and storms in the afternoon. It ended up being cloudy and a little sprinkly in the morning, but not too bad. I still felt kinda off, though, so I just did a half day, and stayed at an actual pay campground, so that I will feel like I can hang around for longer tomorrow if I'm not feeling better. I'm thinking I maybe pushed myself too hard for the last two days, so some resting should set me right.

The campground is pretty nice, but a little pricey. I didn't attempt to bargain, though, because I was paying a camp host in a city-run campground, and those people have no power. Also, this city is run-down, but they are still maintaining a huge park, so I guess I can consider it a worthwhile donation. The storms don't seem to be materializing, so all of my stuff got time to dry.

I was eating by the side of the road and an Amish family with a horse and buggy went by. The horse looked at me, then jerked his head up. It looked just like when the cool kid gives you the acknowledgement head nod with attitude. I nodded back at the horse and cracked up, and then greeted the happy family.

1 comment:

claybasket said...

Cheri I can visualize your Amish country now. Your grandma and grandpa lived on a little road several miles long in Amish country near Wadena, Minnesota. When sleeping in their guest bed upstairs, we always wanted to leave the window open all nite so we could hear the clip-clop of their beautiful horses and see the lit lanterns swinging on the sides of the buggies. Very nice people and they bred beautiful horses.
I'm wondering if you'll see some of the famous covered bridges of Indiana. Brown county is good for those although it may be abit south for you. Keep safe. Auntie Claybasket