Friday, August 22, 2008

Today rocked. And rolled.

Thursday, 21 August: I spent the day with my friend's mom, whose boss called and offered her the day off, because they were overscheduled. Nice! We ate, grocery shopped, ate, and went for a walk on the towpath along the Erie canal.

After dinner we stopped by Sun Valley Sports to pick up her bicycle, where it had been getting a tune-up. Everyone who works there is ridiculously good-looking, so if anyone who likes boys is in the area, stop by for an ogle.

Friday, 21 August: My friend's mom drove me into Cleveland before work, where we had lunch at a vietnamese place. I finally got my fix, so that should stave off my cravings for a while. It was pretty tasty, although there was no tofu in evidence, so I went for the shrimp. Then she dropped me at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, to which I had a free pass, thanks to their membership. I spent the afternoon wandering the exhibits, and then my friend's dad picked me up after work. These guys are totally spoiling me. Maybe I should settle here, and get a job at Sun Valley...

There was a Rolling Stone magazine exhibit at the museum that contained various magazine covers, famous articles, and various correspondences with and among people at the magazine. There was a letter from Charles Manson complaining that he had been misrepresented in their recent story on him. What struck me about it was how neat and girly the handwriting was. The "i"s are even dotted with little circles. Perhaps the letter was transcribed for him by one of his groupies. One of his seventh-grade groupies... I surrepticiously took a picture
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/26490833@N02/2788312248/), but it didn't turn out so well. You can kinda see it. I didn't keep trying for a better picture, as there were signs everywhere telling me not to take pictures.

Now I'm relaxing and watching Edward Scissorhands. Ah, Johnny Depp, back in the olden days when he was engaged to Winona...

2 comments:

NewsCat said...

You know, I never thought there was anyone cute in my parent's neighborhood but now you might have given me a reason to go home more often.

Cheri said...

Yeah, especially check out Bob.