Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Still nothing to report

Tuesday, 8 July: After staying up late talking, my stepsister and I went out to breakfast this morning, and chatted until she was ridiculously late for work. Oops!

I rode my bike (first time since the third!) to downtown Bemidji and got some photos of sculptures and my free map of Minnesota. The free highway maps are often larger and more detailed than the regular state road maps you see in the store. The Minnesota map even shows bike trails! Sweet. Then I went crazy ape bonkers at Harmony Coop, the natural food store. They had a pretty good selection, and after drooling over the Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese for awhile, I raided the bulk food section, and now I have a nice variety of veggie protein sources.

Later, my Aunt picked me up and we went to her place outside Bemidji, to hang and snack on the pound and a half of fudge I bought in a crazed craving frenzy yesterday. And some hummus I bought to, you know, balance out the fudge...

Wednesday, 9 July: More chillin'. I'm in no hurry to leave my Aunt's house, since there is some stormy weather predicted for the next couple of days. Today I considered going for a walk or riding my bike or, you know, leaving the house at all, but it just didn't happen. Maybe tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yawn...

Peg said...

Loved the pictures you posted. Very eclectic mix of scuptures. Liked the fudge and hummus mix....I can see myself enjoying that kind of snack! Really glad that you are taking some time to visit family and just hang out. Chilling is just as important as mass activity.....the trick is to find a nice balance. I think you are managing to do just that.

ali elizabeth said...

Cheri Lynn,

I am so glad you are having a good time with the MN fam. I know Jessa loved seeing you and getting caught up. I am also glad you are cooling your jets til the storm blows over. We had a dandy yesterday and it does your Uthuh Muthuh's heart good to know you are safely tucked away in Chateau Fossand.

Hummus and chocolate, bring it!! You could probably start a franchise and make a bazillion dollars. As Dubai was our staging area while I was in Iraq, I was blessed to pound down copious quantities of both, (hummus and chocolate) whenever I cruised through. You start a biz, and I will be a raving fan customer!

NewsCat said...

I knew it. A few days sleeping indoors and suddenly you're ready to join civilization again. What with our comfy beds and indoor plumbing.

MOM said...

Heeeyyyy...glad to see you are eating a balanced diet. Does my heart good to know I raised you right. ;)
You will have to finish catching me in on all the family news. It is good to rest and spend time with family. You have kind of gotten an idea what kind of miles you can do now and seem to be pretty on schedule to get to the east coast by Oct. so...no worries.
Talk tomorrow.
Love ya lots.