Monday, July 7, 2008

I may never ride my bike again

Sunday, 6 July: More straight up chillin', and then my Uncle drove me down to see my Aunt and cousins in Pelican Rapids, since he was headed past there for a work thing. I have no qualms about hitchhiking when it involves seeing family. We stayed up late talking. It was mellow and good for the soul, as was the time with my Uncle and his girlfriend.

Monday, 7 July: I hitched another ride today to my stepsister's place in Bemidji. There's a lot of fun sculpture around town, as well as big Paul Bunyan and Babe statues. There will be upcoming flickr pics, I'm sure...

I've seen a few minutes of tv in the last couple of days, and I've learned two things:

1. Cell phones are a high fashion accessory, not a convenient communication device.

2. Gum is a very valuable dental tool.

2 comments:

jo said...

Sounds like the family visits are nice and I can't wait to see the upcoming flickr pics.
So based on the recent TV, will you be chewing more gum and ordering a new cell phone?
I'm sure once the family catches on that your hitching to the next town more often than not, I'm sure they'll be forcing you back on the bike before too long!LOL
Enjoy the hitching while it lasts because you still have quite a bit on bike riding to do.

jo

Cheri said...

Word, sister. I am getting a nice break, although inertia may be setting in before too long. I'm about to go ride my bike about a mile and a half to downtown Bemidji (to take some pics, although today is cloudy), so that's a good start...

My cellphone is way better than any of those fashion accessories. And right now, I'm chewing on some fudge. I walked into the candy store last night, and of course the fudge (as always, in every store) was buy one pound, get a half pound for free, so I lost my mind and bought 1.5 pounds of fudge...