Saturday, July 12, 2008

Still more civilization

Thursday, 10 July: It was a nice afternoon, so I actually left the house, with its indoor plumbing and comfy beds, and went for a ride in the surrounding countryside. I went out to the local ski hill and walked up it for a nice 360 view of the lakes and woods nearby.

Friday, 11 July: Stormy and windy. Stayed indoors, doing nothing. I was planning to leave tomorrow, but weather.com is predicting strong winds all weekend, which is never good news for me, so I think I will stockpile a couple more days of family time before moving on...

In the evening a tornadic storm blew through just a few miles from the house. It rained super hard, but I saw no twisters. It was funny, because that was the least windy part of the day. I was expecting the rain to be blown against the windows, but it fell straight down.

Saturday, 12 July: I stayed inside, watching the wind blow like crazy while I made granola and cookies. Yum. Now it will be a while before I miss baking again.

No comments: