Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It would have been dumb to ride today

Wednesday, 16 July: Many days, there is a prediction of "scattered" or "isolated" thunderstorms for a few hours in the afternoon, with a twenty or thirty percent chance of rain. On these days, it is always nice and sunny, with a few big clouds that only rarely actually rain on you. Today, however, the prediction was just for "thunderstorms" all day, and I woke up to very cloudy skies. This is what it was like the day I ended up hitching a ride through North Dakota. Yuck. I turned on the news, and there was a severe storm warning in the direction I was heading, with sixty mph winds, so I stayed put. The kind and generous woman I'm staying with said it was fine if I stuck around, so I did. In the evening, we went and played some mini golf and had a fun time. We were going to go see the animatronic Paul Bunyan, but that place closed too early, and it's pretty far out of town, so I think I will miss it. Sorry, mom.

I'll leave tomorrow, I swear...

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I wish you the best weather wherever you go, the safest of journeys without anymore snow.
Remember the rules on pitstopping I shared, know that I did this because I cared.
I am quite honored that I got to meet you, I'm also quite jeaslous and envious too.
So keep on pedalling and enjoy all those beautiful sights.
Sleep comfy and well on these long summer nights.
Keep us in contact so that we're in the know, that our little Cheri is still on the go.
Take Care and God Bless

jo said...

Cheri, glad you stayed an extra night with Andrea and Steve. Enjoy some sunshine as you head out.

Jo

Cheri said...

Andrea, thank you!
It's lovely but it doesn't
Match your soul's beauty.


You other slackers
Should compose future comments
In poetic form.


Haiku's what I write
Iambic pentameter
Also accepted.