Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Recovering in Connecticut

I spent the day hanging with Allan and his wife, eating, route planning, talking bikes and, of course, petting the dog. All of the route planning helped me to feel a lot better about heading down the east coast. We planned a nice little NYC-avoiding route, since the thought of riding anywhere near there makes me pretty nervous. So I guess I found one more thing I'm afraid of, in addition to bears...

Sadly, I'm developing a brutal case of texter-thumbs from all of the typing on my phone, which has been exacerbated by the many recent tires changes. (You rely pretty heavily on your thumbs toward the end of the process.) If I get a bit terse for a while, that is probably why.

2 comments:

jo said...

I hope Allen took you to a good bike shop where you can get some more of those great tires you got in Washington that lasted so well for you.
Enjoy the relaxing and dog petting.

Jo

Cheri said...

I'm thinking you actually have to be in thorn country to get thorn-resistant tubes. :( Maybe the internet will help me out later.

Holy cow, there are a crapload of fireworks going off somewhere nearby! I wonder what that's all about...