Sunday, September 28, 2008

Here's to thunderstorms

Sunday, 28 September: Sleeping in, ice cream, oatmeal fudge bars, and red curry. Mmm.

The weather was occasionally very bad today, with much rain and some thunder, so I'm glad I was able to take the day off indoors. It's kinda funny-- if it hadn't been for a thunderstorm that passed over when I was in Hingham, MT, I wouldn't have met the touring cyclist I'm staying with right now, when he and his riding partners ducked into the bar for shelter. Because in Montana, the only thing that is always open in every small town is a bar...

2 comments:

jo said...

What'cha saying Cheri, the Bars in MT are good?? or is it we drink alot! LOLOLOL

Miss you too. Glad you are getting to stay with all these cool people you met along your way.

Jo

Cheri said...

I was most definitely implying that y'all are a bunch of drunks. Although it wasn't just Montana, it was the whole west. I think NY is the first place I started hitting dry towns. Shudder.

I miss you guys, too. I guess I'll just have to ride through again next year...