Sunday, April 12, 2009

There are people more obnoxious than rednecks?!

The overflow campground mostly cleared out yesterday, and around the time I was crawling into my sleeping bag last night, there was just the one most obnoxious group of rednecks remaining, who had proven themselves to be not so bad. Then the Mexicans pulled in. They set up camp and blasted their own brand of obnoxious, terrible music until-- I'm not exaggerating-- dawn. The rednecks, who seemed pretty feisty when surrounded by other rednecks, were uncharacteristically silent on this one. They actually packed up and left around 4:30AM.

Then the rain came, and the storm. It was so bad some rain snuck into my tent, and several regions were flooded. Actually, pretty much the entire field I was in was flooded. I stayed afloat on my thermarest life raft until it stopped, and the sun came out, and the birds started talking. By this time, I had the whole place to myself, and was able to empty my tent and dry out a bit, as well as get some much-needed sun power to my phone. This place is really pleasant when not overrun by noisy litterbugs...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bahaha - you are getting old.... Hey - found your cousins on face book - Jeremy, Naomi, Erin, Chris Cari - sheesh - the whole fam...

Be safe - love ya,

Aunt B

cheri said...

What's that? I can't hear you! Ow, my weather knees are aching.

So that's the new family website, huh? I think I'm too old to facebook.