Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I really *am* out west again!

I spent most of the day on decent roads. There were a few miles of exceptions, but the bad roads in Texas are still better than most of the roads in... Ahem... Other places. The wind was only slightly less awful than yesterday, but I stuck to my guns and made it to my destination. Once, when I stopped for a roadside snack, someone stopped to ask if I was okay. When I got to the campground, it wasn't the nicest place ever, but I got the half-price cyclist rate. It's been so long...

I'm still in the puppy love phase, for sure. I really missed riding in the west, and to have this sudden transition from deep backwoods rural south to something that really does feel like it wants to be Montana (thanks, Steinbeck) is just glorious.

Also, most dogowners here have fences.

No comments: