Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Inching right along...

Wednesday, 12 November: Another cold, hilly day. In the afternoon I decided that, although it might have been possible to reach my intended destination (another KOA) before dark, I didn't want to try. Those hills are killer. I backtracked (blurg!) a couple of miles to a state park. I consoled myself about the short day and the backtracking by telling myself that at least it would be cheaper than the KOA. Wrong. They have done that thing that many state park campgrounds seem to do late in the season, which is to close down the cheap camping area and refuse to bargain on the price for the expensive sites. And there are way too many park employees milling around to try to cheat the system. I guess I could have put an empty envelope with a fake name and address in the drop box, but I just couldn't do it. Someone has to pay all of those park employees.

At least I got another hot shower and was able to charge all of my electronics.

No comments: