Thursday, March 5, 2009

That ain't science! Screw this, I'm outta here.

Saturday night we attended a fun architect party. Perhaps they were discussing their craft amongst themselves, but my cousin and I managed to get ourselves into many varied and interesting non- architecture conversations.

Sunday we got food from Ethiopian Diamond. Yum! It was as good as my favorite place back home, Enat, in North Seattle.

We've basically been playing Trivial Pursuit for three weeks straight, and I've become so cranky with the quality of the "Science and Nature" questions, I started taking pictures and decided I needed a cathartic online kvetch. I was fed up with the astrology questions, and then a question about a superstition nearly caused a fit. I really got vocal when I got a question that is actually not true, though widely believed by many. I didn't photograph this one, but it claimed Thomas Crapper invented the flush toilet. It is almost forgivable, since he did actually exist, and was a plumber who improved upon the flush toilet and marketed indoor plumbing fixtures. This question is when I completely lost it. Come on! I thought that was as bad as it could get, but Trivial Pursuit managed to outdo themselves with this joke.

I am now on my way to Nashville, via overnight Greyhound bus (you gotta try everything once!) to spend a few days in a hostel taking in shows before heading back to Huntsville. Wish me luck, and if anyone has any recommendations that don't include country music, please comment!

2 comments:

BettyR said...

I'll try to hook you up with my Sister-in-law.

jo said...

Are you telling me you're going to Nashville and you're not even going to go to the Grand 'Ol Oprey?LOL
Have a great time while you're there.
jo
ps..good luck on the bus!