Monday, December 22, 2008

Seattle Storm '08

I hung around all week watching the cats and chickens, and wandering around the neighborhood watching people snowboard and cross-country ski. By the weekend I needed to get out. My mother kindly agreed to thaw the chicken water for the weekend while I crashed at friends' houses in the north end. She also kindly drove me up there when it became apparent that the Metro buses hadn't figured out how to deal with the huge amount of snow that had fallen in the south end on Thursday. During the weekend, even more snow fell, so that by the time by bro picked me up and brought me back to the south end, there was something close to a foot of snow. And it's mostly still there. Crazy. (see my flickr...)

I'm spending my last few days in Seattle pretending to be snowed in with my brother and sister-in-law, and with two of their friends whose flight home was cancelled, so they actually are snowed in. Into the city, that is. We managed to leave the house long enough to buy some new board games and load up on food and beer.

No comments: