Friday, December 26, 2008

Boxing Day Pupdate

After a few relaxed, snowbound days in Seattle, I caught a snowy Christmas day flight back to Huntsville, AL. My first flight arrived in Denver (where it was actually warmer than it was in Seattle!) about a half hour late, so I only had a half hour until my scheduled departure way at the other end of a very long terminal. I speed-walked all the way down there, forlornly passing up New Belgium Brewery's version of an airport bar in my haste. My dream of drinking in an airport bar on Christmas day was out the window. When I arrived at the gate, sweaty and needing to urinate, I discovered that the plane had not even arrived yet, and they just hadn't updated the info board thingy. Sigh. They were so stingy and optimistic with their information, I didn't feel comfortable leaving the gate area to go back to the bar. But it looked more like a well-lit café anyway, so it wasn't going to be the seedy, depressing airport bar experience I was seeking, and I don't think I missed anything.

When we were finally able to board the plane, one of the flight attendants made this announcement: "This is the flight to Huntsville. If that is your destination, great! If not-- Huntsville is a little bit warmer than Denver right now, so why don't you just ride along with us, and we'll figure out a way to get you back later."

After an uneventful flight, I arrived in Huntsville on Boxing day, and inquired about the puppies. The one I poisoned lived! Four out of the six were adopted out, and the remaining two stayed at the farm, destined to live a dog's dream life. I will be seeing them soon, so there will be pics, if I can get them to sit still for it.

2 comments:

jo said...

Merry Christmas! Good that you enjoyed easy flights and made it back to your destination with no problems other than missing a beer. Hopefully you were able to get to use the bathroom before you boarded the flight.
We took a trip home to see Bill's family in CA for Christmas. We leave in the morning to head to my brother's and visit with my parents in OR, 1/2 way back to home.
Have a great time New Years Eve!

jo

Cheri said...

NY eve was good. I hope you all had fun, too! Did you play any mexican train?