Monday, December 1, 2008

Feeling Taciturn

I don't have much to say on the blog right now, because I'm getting the chance to say it all in person! As many of you know by now, I made a brother-instigated surprise trip back home to Seattle for Thanksgiving. (More thank yous to him than I can possibly express. This was a fantastic idea.) This is the real reason I wanted to be in Alabama by Thanksgiving-- I was planning to fly out of Huntsville the day before Tofurkeyday.

On Wednesday, my stepmom and co-conspirator dropped me off at the airport for an uneventful flight home. On Thursday, I got to surprise my mom at her home for breakfast, and one of my oldest friends at a Thanksgiving dinner. On Friday I got to surprise one of my other oldest friends at her mom's house for leftovers. Saturday and Sunday were all about chilling with my brother's cats, chickens, and various people I love, until the one last surprise for my brother, which is that I got our cousin to come up and meet me here for a few days. The master surpriser got the tables turned on him, mwah ha ha! It was fun to see how differently everyone reacted.

Now that the surprise traps have all been sprung, I can blog again. I am here in Seattle until Christmas day, so there will be plenty of time to hang with everyone. Hey GS people, I am crashing your beer hour on Friday, so show up early, before I drink all of the Fat Tire.

I hope your Thanksgivings were all as good as mine was. I am sure feeling thankful about now.

1 comment:

jo said...

Have a wonderful stay at home in Seattle for the month! Nice that you could surprise everyone.

jo