Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Hometown Tourism

On Monday we wandered around downtown, window-shopping and playing tourist. We stopped by that zany fun house, the downtown branch of the Seattle Public Library, because I had never bothered to check out the new building while I actually lived here. It was a treat. In the afternoon, we drove to Tacoma to drop my cousin off at the Amtrak station, and we had enough spare time on the way down to stop by Weyerhaeuser's Bonsai tree collection, which is both fun to look at and free. We also dropped a buncha cash at the shooting range in Tacoma, where we tried out a .357 something or other handgun that was wrist-achingly heavy. At least it didn't eject the spent shells directly into my forehead, like the 9mm did.

Since then it has been all about chillin' with the cats and chickens, who seem willing to eat almost any table scraps except onions. We have a lot in common, the chickens, my brother and I, but you can tell us apart because my brother and I will eat the onions.

No comments: