Friday, October 3, 2008

Whitest. Day. Ever.

Thursday, 2 October: This morning after breakfast and morning news I got dressed and walked to Whole Foods to buy some food. I found myself in the midst of a consumer mecca, replete with bike and coffee shops. It was interesting to note that almost all shoppers were white, and basically every person working in the service sector was not white, with the exception of that heavily tattooed kid. I passed by the park on the way back to the apartment, where I spent the rest of the day rocking out while baking, cooking and cleaning, and of course, catching up on a few shows I miss, since I don't have a TV.

In the evening, the girls and I watched the vp debates. A good drinking game, with simple-to-follow-rules: drink every time Palin says or does something cutesy/folksy (gol'durnit!), and drink when either candidate attempts to identify with/ ingratiate themselves to "Joe Sixpack."

Friday, 3 October: More of the same, although I'm hoping to also fit in some yoga, and maybe go out for some beer and food tonight.

(Sorry I went a little link crazy. Posting from an actual computer is so much easier than from my phone.)

2 comments:

Minnesotajo said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHERI! It looks like you had a great one and that the celebrating will go on!

I have to ditto Peg's message in the previous blog. She said it all perfectly!

jo said...

Happy Birthday to you....singing off key....Happy Birthday to you......well you get the picture

Good website, BTW! LAUGHING HYSTERICALLY!

Jo