Monday, June 1, 2009

Hot and lazy...

Being a nanny is just about as easy as I thought it would be, which is to say not really at all.  But we're learning who lays down the law (what has two thumbs and is the boss?  This girl!) and it goes more smoothly every day.  Other than that, Florida is awesome.  We go swimming almost daily, and my aunt and I philosophize the evening away out on the patio, listening to the chorus of birds, frogs and gators.  The gators make a gentle piggy grunting noise quite often, and it is a lot less worrisome than the bellowing.

I have also been back in the kitchen, and you may notice I've added a new recipe blog to my links, as making another blog seemed to me to be the simplest (laziest?) way to share.  So if I've cooked for any of you, and you are missing the food, the recipe will probably show up there eventually, and of course there will be new things as I discover them.  If you are looking for a particular recipe, drop me a line.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I have figured you out. You snike your nose at facebook - but instead...you have your own "facebook". Ha - you just want to have your own, I see how it is... However I love the new look to your blog - it fits you.

Jane described the bellowing...I just don't know if I would like that better than picking off a tick now and then. ??? Oh geez did that ever sound like a hick. But you know me better eh?

Come back soon. We'll remind you of dear flys... Be a good nannie and hug all my relatives there ok?

Aunt B

cheri said...

Ha, you have me figured out. I just don't want to be forced to define whether people are my friends or not, and I don't want them to have to sign up with a service to see what is happening with me, superficial as it may be...

But you know our family, rugged individualists, gotta do things our own way.

Nobodies Home said...

Cheri! I bet you're a fantastic Nanny. Keep on cookin' :)