Saturday, June 27, 2009

Later, gators!

Did you know that Gainesville is the home of Gatorade?  Now the name finally makes sense.

We managed to ditch the kids during my last week in Gainesville, so we had some nice relaxed grown-up time of doing whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted.  I will spare you the details, but I assure you, there was shopping, swimming, tanning, beer drinking, grown-up food eating, beach going, and the assembling of many many puzzles.  So with a heavy heart I bid farewell to my Gainesville family, because tomorrow I am headed, once again, back to Nashville.  I just gotta try to get something out of my system...

3 comments:

BettyR said...

Perhaps this is a latent infection and you will continue to relapse. Nashville is lovely.

cheri said...

Ha ha! It sure is lovely. I got lucky with the weather, it's in the 80s and not too humid. I drove up here from Gainesville, and noticed a marked improvement in the scenery when I crossed from Georgia into Tennessee. Ahh...

jo said...

So have you found what you're looking for yet? Figured you're trying to sell that song you composed while you were biking your way to Alabama!

Enjoy the Nashville scene.

jo