Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I'm still here

Wyoming and my family here are the best.  It's been a mellow time of hanging out, talking, reading, drinking beer, playing fetch with the relentless dog, cooking, playing scrabble... There's even been a bit of jacuzzi time, hiking, wakeboarding and hanging around a backyard fire.  I also got to drive two forklifts, one large and one small.

Tomorrow I'm going to my aunt's house in southern Montana, where, if my past experience is any indicator of future occurrences, I will have even worse cell reception than I have here.  Thanks, AT&T!

I'm planning to come home on the 26th, and am starting to stress a bit.  I've never before been in the situation where I haven't had a job or a place to live in a year and a half, so I'm a little worried about the logistics (and the reality!) of re-entering real life.  I really need to quit thinking about, you know, stuff...

6 comments:

BettyR said...

Don't worry about all that 'til you get here. Just enjoy your family time. And give yourself some time to get over the culture shock of being back in Seattle before you start to worry about the whole job/living sitch thing. Your path may seem clearer to you once you're actually back here.

Unknown said...

you want to live with me and stephen?

Cheri said...

Can I be keeper of the cats?

Susan and Jim said...

Are you going to stop to see us at Joanne's

cheri said...

I wish! I actually looked into the cost of renting a car to drive home, so that I could stop and see you guys on the way back, but it was pretty pricey, and then I would still have to add the cost of gas and I'm running out of money... But my sis-in-law and I talked about coming back to hike Glacier, so we will definitely stop in to see you guys when we do that.

jo said...

We'll look forward to your return to Glacier. We've got a "new to us" trailer so if it's still warm enough you'll have a private place with comfy beds, otherwise we'll put you up in Jonah's room.;) He likes sleeping on the sofa anyway!LOL
You can always take the train from Seattle too, it's an overnight arriving in Whitefish at 7:30am and returns about 9:30pm...of course with Amtrak it's all dependent upon the train running on time, so I like to call the schedule flexible!LOL

Safe travels,
jo