Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Taciturn Update of Nothingness

Unexpected family business has brought me back to Minnesota for a week, then I'm headed back to Gainesville, FL, because one week wasn't enough.

Tucson was Tucson.  It's still not my favorite city, but I like it more than I did before.  I wish I had gotten more of a chance to check out the city and scene, but maybe next time.  I spent the majority of my time split between hanging out in the retirement park with my grandparents, and relaxing at my cousin's house out in the desert outside the city.  The stars were out in full force there.

It was around 100F every day, so outdoor time was limited to early morning walks and pool time.  Toward the end, my aunt and uncle came down from their place in Bullhead City.  The plan was to return to their place with them, but the aforementioned family business threw a monkeywrench in that plan.  It's okay, I'm going to try to get back there in the winter when it's cooler, since it's in the Mojave desert and all...

2 comments:

jo said...

Yeah, the desert this time of year probably isn't the most ideal place...and to think you could have biked through it!LOL
Minnesota on the other hand probably is absolutely gorgeous one moment and raining/hailing the next...it's been like that in MT anyway. But we have sun more often then not so I'll take it!
Have fun in FL too.
Hugs
jo

cheri said...

Yeesh, every time I went outside while I was in Tucson, I was glad I shipped my bike home.

The weather in MN seems to be cooperating nicely. It's a little cool up north here by the Canadian border, but sunny and refreshing.