Saturday, June 7, 2008

Back to it

Yesterday the kind people I am staying with drove me up to Glacier to look around and get some information before I actually head up there for reals. I'm glad they did, because I was able to ascertain that the first campground at which I was planning to stay probably wouldn't be much fun for me, so now I can blow on by it and hit the next one. I picked up a map and some info on day hikes. I'm headed out today, and plan to spend about a week in the park. I don't really get cell service there, so you may not hear from me for a while.

Last night we went out to chinese food, and my fortune read "Sometimes travel to new places leads to great transformation."

I am eternally grateful to Susan for befriending me and being so generous. I had a wonderful time here with her and her daughter's family. It was a nice mental and emotional break as well as a physical one.

But now, on to Glacier, my first official destination of the trip. It definitely feels like an achievement, or I assume it will, once I actually get there. Coming so soon after being officially on the road for one month... well, I have a lot to celebrate tonight!

8 comments:

jo said...

We enjoyed having you here too Cheri! We are all the better for having met and spent these past few days with you. Keep the wheels down and your spirit up and I'm sure the road will continue to be kind.

Happy Trails
Jo, Bill, Sky and Jonah

ClayBasket said...

Cheri,
My day wouldn't be done if I couldn't read your blog but now I might have to wait for a full week without a nite cap? And your in the Glacier Park? We'll all be waiting for your titillating stories to start once again. Give us your best and keep safe Cheri. Enjoy every day.
Love, Auntie ClayBasket

Cara said...

I too will be waiting! I read your blog with my Sunday morning coffee.

Quote for you...one of my favorites

If I am not for myself who is for me?
And if I am only for myself, what am I?
And if not now, when?
-Hillel

Keep on bikin'!

Cara

ali elizabeth said...

Cheri Lynn,

It does your "uthuth muthuh's" heart good to know that you experienced the kindness of strangers in such grand style.

I am sure you'll find Glacier to be even lovelier than what we talked about, and am looking forward to getting the name of the town where I can send you your JP goodies.

Lubzu,
ali

griz901 said...

Cheri - I am not responsible for my mother in laws actions. He he.
But I do need someone from your support crew to contact me asap regarding the blog. Please have them call my cell asap. Thanks! Bill

MOM said...

Jackie, thank you so much.
For anyone checking in here to see if Cheri has added on or is wondering how she is doing, in case you heard that it was snowing in Glacier. Well it has been, but Cheri is fine. She still does not have reception, but get this, her wonderful friend Susan and daughter, went up on Wed. to see if Cheri was at a camp site and how she was faring. They saw her tent and bike, but no Cheri, so went to the camp host and were told that Cheri and her ever-present book had hoofed it to the lodge about a 1/2 mile away. So they went there to see how she was doing. Aren't they absolutely fantastic? Then they called here for Cheri to let us know. Boy, talk about finding gold when she met up with them!! Guess that is all for now. Not as interesting as Cheri's commentary, but she heard it was going to be nice this next week and there are things she wants to see while up there, so not sure how long it will be yet. But we will be glad for her wit and commentary on here for herself.

BettyR said...

Thanks "mom" for the update. With all the bad weather around I found myself getting a little anxious that we haven't heard from her in a week (even tho' I know she said she wouldn't have reception). I think the thing that kept it from being actual worry is that I know Cheri is smart, prepared and resourceful.
I hope she gets to see a bear!

Cheri said...

I'm glad I didn't see a bear.