Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ho hum.

More riding, more sun, more hills, more wind. I didn't meet any other cyclists today, but when I stopped at the store in Independence, they gave me a book to sign, and the last ten people I met were in there. I guess we all get hungry going through those hills.

I'm camped at a Corps of Engineers campground on Somerville Lake just north of Gay Hill, Texas. Yup, Gay Hill (tee hee!) I'll never grow up. I was excited to check the place out, because my past experience with these places has been that they are nice and/or super cheap. This place is meh, and priced a little high for what I'm getting, in my opinion. And the water tastes funky. But I've already paid for two days, so I'll attempt to quit whining.

6 comments:

Jeremy said...

HAH! Gay Hill....eeeee

cheri said...

I knew someone other than me would laugh! I guess, even at the ripe old age of 34, you'll never grow up either.

Jeremy said...

more over, you probably guessed it would be me too

cheri said...

We *do* share a brain. I figured it would be you or Anna.

Anna said...

Oh.. I giggled like a 3 year old. I was just on my mobile phone so I couldn't post! Tee hee!

cheri said...

I think it's called Gay Hill because riding up that hill the town is sitting on was so gay! And by gay I don't mean homosexual, I mean lame. And by lame I don't mean crippled, I mean sucky. And by sucky I mean... Aw forget it.